Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2D/1N
TOUR TYPE: TREKKING, HIKING, ADVENTURE, CULTURAL AND HISTORY
TOTAL DISTANCE: 11 KM / 7 MILES
GOOD FOR: THOSE WHO ENJOY HIKING AND HAVE A MODERATE LEVEL OF FITNESS
CONSIDERATIONS: PERMIT REQUIRED
HIKING SEASON: 11 MONTHS OF THE YEAR
TRAIL CLOSE: ONLY FEBRARY
ACLIMATIZATION: PLEASE SPEND AT LEAST REST DAYS IN CUSCO BEFORE START YOUR HIKE
GROUP SIZE: CAN BE 2 OR 8 HIKER
The short Inca trail trek
is an alternative trek for tourist that do not have a long time and for those who enjoy doing short routes with family or friends.
This short inca trail hike to machu picchu has a variety of wild life and inca places as chachabamba, choquesuysuy, inti pata, wiñay wayna and the famous Sun Gate or Intipunku nothing to envy classic inca trail 4D-3N.
It is a place of short inca trail for a day walking covering a distance of 11km this trail is not too much challenge wich it can be performed perfectly with children and those with a time tight.
DAY I KM 104 – INTI PUNKU – AGUAS CALIENTES
CUSCO ANDEAN HIKE will pick you up very early at your hotel at 5:oo am in our private bus for heading to ollantaytambo (train station) where we start the journey by train until km 104 or Chachabamba (2050masl) where we will begin to walk and up gradually by a piece of the inca trail.
We walk through a cloud forest covering the mountain and enjoy the wide variety of plants orchids an different types of flowers and birds. You can rarely see a spectacled bear on the hike.
Along the hike you will see some inca sites as Choquesuysuy and Wiñaywayna – forever young (2666 masl) when we we get to Wiñay wayna the half way we will eat our box lunch after the lunch we keep going to the Sungate or Inti Punku.
Almost at the end of the day we will arrive to tha sun gate or inti punku (2720 masl)with very few tourists and perfect for the photos about the great city of Machu Picchu. Then we will go to aguas calientes pueblo (Machu Picchu town) by bus and in aguas calientes we will go to your hotel.
DAY II AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU
We start very early to take the first bus (5:30 am ) for heading to Machu picchu to make the guided tour with out many tourists to places included in the tour ( 1 hour and half) after the tour you will have a free time to explore the city and take more pictures.
If you have some tikect to visit one of the moutains as Huaynapicchu or Machu picchu mountain you will have long enough time to do it.
When you come back to aguas calientes you should be at the train station 30 minutes before taking your train back to ollantaytambo where a agency staff will be waiting for you with the bus to bring you back to Cusco and your hotel.
Informative meeting, one day before the adventure. Once there, you will receive all the pertinent information for your walk and the guide will answer all your doubts.
- Private bus pick up from your hotel to the train station Ollantaytambo
- Train ticket to starting point of the trek km 104 or Chachabamba
- Bus ticket down. Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
- Round trip bus. Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu / Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
- Return ticket by train EXPEDITION Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Return bus from Ollnataytambo station to your hotel in Cusco
- 1 night in Hotel
- Professional travel guide in Spanish and English with many years of experience in adventure tourism
- Box lunch, dinners in a Turist Restaurant (breakfast on day 1 and lunch, dinner on the last day are not included)
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Entrance to the short Inca trail
- Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2D/1N: Breakfast not included first day, lunch and dinner of the last day.
- Walking sticks
- Ticket HUAYNAPICCHU and MOUNTAIN MACHU PICCHU (if you want any of the tickets you must inform us in advance to be able to make the reservation – any of the tickets has an extra cost)
- Tips for staff
- Walking Poles – US$ 10 a pair of walking poles
- Huayna Picchu Mountain – US$ 75 per person
- Machu Picchu Mountain – US$ 70 per person
Huayna picchu and Machu picchu mountain both must be previously reserved more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- US$ 479 per person
- US$ 550 per person
How to book
How to book
For any of our services, you must send your personal information and a deposit of US $ 200 per person, the rest may pay at our office in Cusco two days prior to your trip, to get the student discount you must send your ISIC card original by means of a photo to our mail email@example.com:
- Name and surname
- Passport number
- Birthday date
- Student Card (ISIC if you are a student Yes or No)
- Email – Phone number
- Food preferences
You can make the deposit from our website by PayPal, please note that PayPal charges a 6% tax that automatically includes this option, once the deposit is made, send us the confirmation by email. To make your deposit by PayPal click on the “Pay Now” button below.
Western Union and Money Gram
You can also use these means to make the deposit. On behalf of our administrator. Take into account that this deposit generates transfer costs, which our clients must assume.
- Name: Maria
- Last name: Catunta choque
- Identity number: 42265390
- Address: Urb. Progress Jr-spine L-15
- City: Cusco
- Country: Peru
Once the deposit is made, you will receive a receipt with the money transfer code, the client must send the receipt with a photograph to our email. firstname.lastname@example.org