Choquequirao – MachuPicchu Trek 9D/8N
- Duration: 9 Days / 8 Nights
- Trip Type: Trekking
- Journey Difficulty: Hard
- TOUR TYPE: CAMPING, HIKING, TREKKING, ADVENTURE, CULTURAL AND HISTORY
- TOTAL DISTANCE: 100KM / 60 MILES
- DIFFICULTY: DIFFICULT- CHALLENGING.
- GOOD FOR: THOSE WHO ENJOY HIKING AND HAVE A MODERATE LEVEL OF FITNESS
- CONSIDERATIONS: WITH THIS HIKE YOU WILL VISIT MACHU PICCHU PICCHU
- HIKING SEASON: BEST TIME TO HIKE DURING THE DRY SEASON APRIL TO OCTOBER
- TRAIL CLOSE: RAINY SEASON NOVEMBER TO MARCH
- ACCLIMATIZATION: PLEASE SPEND AT LEAST REST DAYS IN CUSCO BEFORE START YOUR HIKE
- GROUP SIZE: CAN BE 2 OR 8 HIKER
Choquequira0 trek to Machu picchu
The Classic Choquequirao Trek to Machu Picchu, is one of the most beautiful and spectacular treks in the Cusco region. This Choquequirao trek is an extended version that continues on past Choquequirao to Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu. This Hike was listed on the National Geographic 2021 best Trips in the world and recommend by Lonely Planet! This challenging Choquequirao trek will be very rewarding to the adventurous trekker.
On this Choquequirao trek you will see the great Choquequirao ruins and have a real adventure enjoying the spectacular views of snow-capped mountains, great valleys and amazing canyons. You will also see native animals such as Andean Condors and native flora and fauna such as orchids and so much more.
The 8th day of the Choquequirao trek to Machu Picchu we will arrive in Aguas Calientes, the town at the base of Machu Picchu. Here you will check in to your hotel room at a very nice bed and breakfast. Dinner will be at a great local restaurant in Aguas Calientes. The trek is capped off by your visit to Machu Picchu and private tour of the site on the 9th day.
It is a challenging but amazing experience to hike down to the depths of the Apurimac Canyon and then up to the site in the clouds…rewarded at the end with a visit to the magnificent citadel of Machu Picchu.
Informative meeting, one day before the adventure. Once there, you will receive all the information pertinent to your hike and the guide will answer all your doubts.
- Pick up your hotel private bus to the starting point of the walk.
- Round trip bus. Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Ticket train EXPEDITION Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo.
- Return bus from Ollnataytambo station to your hotel in Cusco.
- Camps for 7 days and 6 nights
- One night in Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Guide of tourism in Spanish and English with many years of experience in adventure tourism
- Professional chef
- Horsemen and Horses to carry the necessary equipment and the personal effects of the passengers of up to 7 kg
- Emergency horse, in case someone does not feel well
- Cusco Andean Hike will provide you with boiled water (previously filtered and cooled) from your first lunch, last breakfast and for your bottles before each hike (you decide how many liters you need each day).
- Drinking enough water and hydrating is very important to be able to feel good in the mountains and thus avoid altitude sickness.
- Breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners (breakfast on day 1, lunch and dinner on the last day are not included)
- You have included 7 kg so you can carry your personal belongings (be careful with the fragile items, since it is the horse who will carry it on his back)
- Entrance to Choquequirao trek
- Ticket to Machu picchu
- High mountain tent for 4 people, but we use it for 2 people (more comfort for you). If you want a personal tent we also have personal tents (you must inform us in advance)
- Single mattress
- Bathroom / Bath Chemical
- Choquequirao trek to Machu picchu 9D/8N: Breakfast not included first day and dinner of the last day.
- Sleeping bag
- Ticket HUAYNA PICCHU and MOUNTAIN MACHU PICCHU (if you want any of the tickets you must inform us in advance to be able to make the reservation – any of the tickets has an extra cost)
- Walking sticks
- Extra horse to carry personal items of the clients more than those already included (for 7 kilos to 14 kilos) *.
- Personal chair horse.
- Tips for staff
- Small Groups 2 to 8 pax
- 24/7 assistance by our Whatsapp ✆+51 944363112
- Extra porter 7Kg
- Food Options – best Chef – Vegan, vegetarian.
- Sleeping pad included Therm a rest
- Professional tour guide English speaker from the beginning to end
- 100% Quality service
Group service from 2 pax
US$ 1150.00 per person
Private service from 2 pax
US$ 1250.00 per person
- Huayna Picchu Mountain – US$ 70.00 per person
- Machu Picchu Mountain – US$ 70.00 per person
- Sleeping Bag – US$ 20 per person
- Walking Poles – US$ 15 a pair of walking poles
Huayna picchu and Machu picchu mountain both must be previously reserved more information: email@example.com
How to book
How to book
For any of our services, you must send your personal information and a deposit of US $ 200 per person, the rest may pay at our office in Cusco two days prior to your trip, to get the student discount you must send your ISIC card original by means of a photo to our mail firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name and surname
- Passport number
- Birthday date
- Student Card (ISIC if you are a student Yes or No)
- Email – Phone number
- Food preferences
You can make the deposit from our website by PayPal, please note that PayPal charges a 6% tax that automatically includes this option, once the deposit is made, send us the confirmation by email. To make your deposit by PayPal click on the “Pay Now” button below.
Western Union and Money Gram
You can also use these means to make the deposit. On behalf of our administrator. Take into account that this deposit generates transfer costs, which our clients must assume.
- Name: Maria
- Last name: Catunta choque
- Identity number: 42265390
- Address: Urb. Progress Jr-spine L-15
- City: Cusco
- Country: Peru
Once the deposit is made, you will receive a receipt with the money transfer code, the client must send the receipt with a photograph to our email. email@example.com
- Original passport
- Original student card
- Day Backpack
- Sleeping bag
- Plastic poncho
- Waterproof jacket
- Personal medical kit
- Insect repellent
- Short pants
- Trekking boots, hiking boots
- Bathing suit
- Warm clothes
- Water bottle
- Wool socks
- Toilet paper
- Sun block cream
- Snacks(candies, biscuits, chocolates)
- Hat, gloves, scarf
- Personal towel
- Extra money ( soles) different domination