Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu 5D/4N
TOUR TYPE: CAMPING, HIKING, TREKKING, ADVENTURE, CULTURAL AND HISTORY
TOTAL DISTANCE: 51KM / 32 MILES
GOOD FOR: THOSE WHO ENJOY HIKING AND HAVE A MODERATE LEVEL OF FITNESS
CONSIDERATIONS: YOU WILL VISIT THE COFFEE CROP
HIKING SEASON: BEST TIME TO HIKE DURING THE DRY SEASON APRIL TO OCTUBER
TRAIL CLOSE: RAINY SEASON NOVEMBER TO MARCH
ACLIMATIZATION: PLEASE SPEND AT LEAST REST DAYS IN CUSCO BEFORE START YOUR HIKE
GROUP SIZE: CAN BE 2 OR 8 HIKER
Salkantay trek to Machu picchu
Is the best alternative after the Classic inca trail one of the best known hikes in Cusco, It is a walk of 51 km in length. Located northwest of the city of cusco Salkantay is the highest peak of the mountain range 6271m.s.n.m / 20569ft.
its name means (wild mountain) and in time of the Incas was one of the most important apus. It is a path oriented to those who like the challenges and push their limits to the edge.
Hikers who like to experience and witness the diverse microclimates and landscapes that the track has to offer in one trip.
We invite you to discover in enjoy these 5 days of the variety of climates, ranging from the very cold and icy weather to pass through the mountain pass Salkantay 4.600m.s.n.m. To a subtropical climate and to be able to see on the last day of the trip one of the wonders of the new world: Machu Picchu. In Salkantay trek is guaranteed.
DAY I: CUSCO – SORAYPAMPA – SOYROCOCHA
Cusco Andean Hike will pick you up early in the morning 5:30 am from the hotel in a private vehicle and take you to the start of your trip to Soraypampa; The travel time to this place is around 4 hours, Mollepata is small town.
where we will make a brief stop to explore the streets and buy some things that we will need for the hike. After an hour and a half more in the surrounding valleys of majestic mountains and icy summits we will arrive to Soraypampa (3900 masl), where we will see in the distance of the Apu Salkantay.
Once here, we will decide the path to follow for the trekking based on the physical condition of the participants.
First option: climb a mountain through the left side with the opportunity to see the beauty of the Andean lagoon Umantay and other mountains that surround it. Finally, we will descend the same route and take our usual route to our camp.
Second Option: To skip the ascent to the mountain and follow the traditional route that will take us directly to our camp.
On the way to our camp, we will see the local people and learn about their traditional lifestyle, where livestock farming and agriculture is of great importance and the reason why it is still practiced today. As we continue, we will increasingly approach one of the most important mountains in southern Peru. The Great Salkantay, known as “The Guardian of the Andes”. Then we will continue uphill through a winding road to Lake Soyrococha (4480 masl), place where we will spend the night.
DIA II SOYROCOCHA – COLLPAPAMPA
After waking up surrounded by the mountains and the lake, we will have a fortifying breakfast and we will begin with our trek gradually ascending for about 1 ½ hours. Towards the highest point of the course. The Salkantay Pass (4,600 m.s.n.m). From here, we will have a panoramic view of the Andes, its mountain ranges, glaciers, lakes and streams. Feel the true magic of the Andes.
After a well-deserved rest, we will descend the mountain little by little until arriving at Huayra Machay (4,000 m.s.n.m) leaving behind the Salkantay. After 2 hrs. We will arrive at our stop for lunch. Later, we will continue descending through an area belonging to the jungle higher part known as “Andenes” (3,800 masl)
Here, we will be able to see vast vegetation, bamboo forests and a variety of wild orchids, bromeliads and Other flowers typical of the area. Soon, the second camp is within easy reach: Collpapampa (2,950 m.s.n.m)
DIA III COLLPAPAMPA – HUACQUIÑA – SANTA TERESA
This is an easy hike through the top of the jungle, where we will see vast flora and fauna, especially fruits, avocado, pomegranates, and wild strawberries, coffee, and bamboo. The climate is humid and warm which is characteristic of the semi-tropical zone.
We will also see along the way some communities where they still live freely and respecting nature. On this day, we will have the opportunity to see coffee plantations and participate in the processes of this plant and you can make your own coffee. It will be a day filled with learning experiences. Our huacquiña camp (1,550 m.s.n.m) usually has a much warmer climate, since it is in the humid part of the jungle
DIA IV SANTA TERESA – HIDROELECTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES
After a delicious breakfast, we will begin our walk following the traditional Inca Trail. We will climb the mountain little by little for 2 hours to the archaeological zone of Llactapata (2.749 mask) From here, we will be able to finally see the citadel of Machu Picchu, a part of the traditional Inca Trail and the river Urubamba that is rolled in all the Valley.
After a brief moment to rest, we will descend for 3 hours through a winding road between narrow and slippery spaces until we get to the valley (hydroelectric building) Here, we will take the train to Aguas Calientes to a hotel where we will pass the night . Maybe you would like to visit the Hot Springs Hot Springs in the evening.
DIA V AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
After breakfast, we will take the first bus to Machupicchu so that we can arrive early to see the sunrise in this magical place. The guided tour through the interior of the citadel will be around 2 hours. After the guided tour you will have free time to visit the city for places you did not see or maybe have a ticket to visit Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu mountain, you will have time to do so. In the afternoon, we will take the return bus to Aguas Calientes.
Once in the city, you can take lunch and later on the day you are going to take the train to Ollantaytambo where you will be waiting for our transfer with our bus to take you back to Cusco, Peru Rail. Expedition
Informative meeting, one day before the adventure. Once there, you will receive all the pertinent information for your walk and the guide will answer all your doubts.
- Private bus pick up from your hotel to the starting point of the trek
- Round trip bus. Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu / Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
- Return ticket by train EXPEDITION Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Return bus from Ollnataytambo station to your hotel in Cusco
- Camps for 4 days and 3 nights (salkantay trek)
- One night in Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Professional travel guide in Spanish and English with many years of experience in adventure tourism
- Professional chef
- Horsemen and Horses to carry the necessary equipment and the personal effects of the passengers of up to 7 kg
- Emergency horse, in case someone does not feel well
- Cusco Andean Hike will provide you with boiled water (previously filtered and cooled) from your first lunch, last breakfast and for your bottles before each walk (you decide how many liters you need each day).
- Drinking enough water and hydrating is very important to be able to feel good in the mountains and thus avoid altitude sickness.
- Breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners (breakfast on day 1 and lunch, dinner on the last day are not included)
- You have included 7 kg so you can carry your personal belongings (be careful with the fragile items, since it is the horse who will carry it on his back)
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Entrance for the Salkantay trek
- High mountain tent for 4 people, but we use it for 2 people (more comfort for you). If you want a personal tent we also have personal tents (you must inform us in advance)
- Single mattress
- Bathroom / Bath Chemical
- Salkantay trek 5D-4N: Breakfast not included first day, lunch and dinner of the last day.
- Sleeping bag
- Inflatable mattress
- Walking sticks
- Ticket HUAYNAPICCHU and MOUNTAIN MACHU PICCHU (if you want any of the tickets you must inform us in advance to be able to make the reservation – any of the tickets has an extra cost)
- Extra horse to carry personal belongings of customers more than those already included (for 7 kilos to 14 kilos)
- Personal chair horses
- Tips for staff
Group service from 2 pax
- US$ 649 per person
Private service from 1 pax
- US$ 760 per person
How to book
How to book
For any of our services, you must send your personal information and a deposit of US $ 200 per person, the rest may pay at our office in Cusco two days prior to your trip, to get the student discount you must send your ISIC card original by means of a photo to our mail firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name and surname
- Passport number
- Birthday date
- Student Card (ISIC if you are a student Yes or No)
- Email – Phone number
- Food preferences
You can make the deposit from our website by PayPal, please note that PayPal charges a 6% tax that automatically includes this option, once the deposit is made, send us the confirmation by email. To make your deposit by PayPal click on the “Pay Now” button below.
Western Union and Money Gram
You can also use these means to make the deposit. On behalf of our administrator. Take into account that this deposit generates transfer costs, which our clients must assume.
- Name: Maria
- Last name: Catunta choque
- Identity number: 42265390
- Address: Urb. Progress Jr-spine L-15
- City: Cusco
- Country: Peru
Once the deposit is made, you will receive a receipt with the money transfer code, the client must send the receipt with a photograph to our email. email@example.com