Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu 4D/3N
TOUR TYPE: CAMPING, HIKING, TREKKING, ADVENTURE, CULTURAL AND HISTORY
TOTAL DISTANCE: 51KM / 32 MILES
GOOD FOR: THOSE WHO ENJOY HIKING AND HAVE A MODERATE LEVEL OF FITNESS
CONSIDERATIONS: YOU WILL VISIT THE COFFEE CROP
HIKING SEASON: BEST TIME TO HIKE DURING THE DRY SEASON APRIL TO OCTUBER
TRAIL CLOSE: RAINY SEASON NOVEMBER TO MARCH
ACLIMATIZATION: PLEASE SPEND AT LEAST REST DAYS IN CUSCO BEFORE START YOUR HIKE
GROUP SIZE: CAN BE 2 OR 8 HIKER
Salkantay trek to Machu picchu
Is a good alternative and one of the best known routes in Cusco, It is a walk of 51 km in length. Located northwest of the city of Cusco Salkantay is the highest peak of the mountain range 6271m.s.n.m / 20569ft.
its name means (wild mountain) and in time of the Incas was one of the most important apus. It is a path oriented to those who like the challenges and push their limits to the edge.
Hikers who like to experience and witness the diverse microclimates and landscapes that the track has to offer in one trip.
We invite you to discover in enjoy these 4 days of the variety of climates, ranging from the very cold and icy weather to pass through the mountain pass Salkantay 4,650m.s.n.m. To a subtropical climate and to be able to see on the last day of the trip one of the wonders of the new world: Machu Picchu. In Salkantay trek to Machu picchu is guaranteed.
DAY I CUSCO – SORAYPAMPA – HUAYRACMACHAY
Cusco Andean Hike will pick you up very early 5:00 a.m. from your hotel in our private bus then we will go to Mollepata 3 hours trip and where you can have a breakfast in that locality or you can buy some things you need for this adventure then we will continue until The town of soraypampa (3900 masl).
where we will begin our trek. We will start ascending gradually until we arrive at our lunch point in soyrococha after lunch we continue climbing gradually for an hour more until the highest point our journey passes salkantay 4650 masl, where you will be able to observe opposite the majestuso salkantay, after a small break in the top We have 2 hours more in descent to our camp in Huayracmachay at 3800m.sm
DISTANCE: 15 KM
WALKING TIME: 6 – 7 HOURS
DAY II HUAYRACMACHAY – CHAULLAY – THE BEACH
We will wake up early to start our second day, you will have enough time to pack your personal items and have a nice breakfast, after all we will continue our walk, it will be the longest day of our trip to the beach, the whole journey is downhill and With small rises, the first 4 hours until our lunch in Chaullay is downhill.
Along our way we will be able to observe different native plants of the area and fauna, we will also be able to notice the different microclimates of this zone, after our lunch in Chaullay we will continue for 4 hours more until our camp in the Beach along 2nd stage Part we can observe fruit trees like orange, granadillas, bananas and avocados. Also You can observe coffee farms which is a pleasant area for such cultivation. Already at the beach we can take a well-deserved rest and wait until dinner
DISTANCE: 18 KM
WALKING TIME: 6 – 7 HOURS
DAY III THE BEACH – LLACTAPATA – HYDROELECTRIC – AGUAS CALIENTES.
After breakfast we will leave our camp early and walk for 30 minutes until we reach a part of the Inca trail that was built to connect Vilcabamba with Machu Picchu. It will be a gradual ascent for about 3 hours until arriving at the archeological center of llaqtapata and from there in front we will have a spectacular view of Machupicchu. Then we will leave the archaeological center to continue our journey for 2 more hours downhill to the hydroelectric station where we can enjoy our lunch and wait for our train from 4:00 pm to Aguas Calientes the journey to the town is 45 minutes.
Already in hot waters, our guide will take you to your hotel where you can take a hot shower and have time to relax, that night we will have the last dinner in an Aguas Alientes restaurant and will have the program for the last day
Walking distance: 14 km
Elevation of hot waters of the town: 2000m
DAY IV AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
After breakfast, we will take the first bus to Machu picchu so that we can arrive early to see the sunrise in this magical place. The guided tour through the interior of the citadel will be around 2 hours.
After the guided tour you will have free time to visit the city for places you did not see or maybe have a ticket to visit huaynapicchu or machu picchu mountain, you will have time to do it. In the afternoon, we will take the return bus to Aguas Calientes.
Once in the city, you can take lunch and later on the day you are going to take the train to Ollantaytambo where you will be waiting for our transfer with our bus to take you back to Cusco, Peru Rail. Expedition
Informative meeting, one day before the adventure. Once there, you will receive all the information pertinent to your walk and the guide will answer all your doubts.
- Pick up your hotel private bus to the starting point of the walk
- Round trip bus. Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu / Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
- Train ticket EXPEDITION Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
- Return ticket by train EXPEDITION Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Return bus from Ollnataytambo station to your hotel in Cusco
- Camps for 3days and 2 nights
- One night in Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Professional guide of tourism in Spanish and English with many years of experience in adventure tourism
- Professional chef
- Horsemen and Horses to carry the necessary equipment and the personal effects of the passengers of up to 7 kg
- Emergency horse, in case someone does not feel well
- Cusco Andean Hike will provide you with boiled water (previously filtered and cooled) from your first lunch, last breakfast and for your bottles before each hike (you decide how many liters you need each day).
- Drinking enough water and hydrating is very important to be able to feel good in the mountains and thus avoid altitude sickness.
- Breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners (breakfast on day 1 and lunch, dinner on the last day are not included)
- You have included 7 kg so you can carry your personal belongings (be careful with the fragile items, since it is the horse who will carry it on his back)
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Entrada to Salkantay trek to Machu picchu
- High mountain tent for 4 people, but we use it for 2 people (more comfort for you). If you want a personal shop we also have personal
- stores (you must inform us in advance)
- Single mattress
- Bathroom / Bath Chemical
- Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu 4D/3N: Breakfast not included first day, lunch and dinner of the last day.
- Sleeping bag
- Inflatable mattress
- Walking sticks
- Ticket HUAYNAPICCHU and MOUNTAIN MACHUPICCHU (if you want any of the tickets you must inform us in advance to be able to make the reservation – any of the tickets has an extra cost)
- Extra horse to carry personal items of the clients more than those already included (for 7 kilos to 14 kilos) *.
- Personal chair horse.
- Tips for staff
- Hot springs in Cocalamayu (santa teresa) and in Aguas Calientes village
Group service from 2 pax
- US$ 620 per person
Private service from 1 pax
- US$ 720 per person
How to book
How to book
For any of our services, you must send your personal information and a deposit of US $ 200 per person, the rest may pay at our office in Cusco two days prior to your trip, to get the student discount you must send your ISIC card original by means of a photo to our mail email@example.com:
- Name and surname
- Passport number
- Birthday date
- Student Card (ISIC if you are a student Yes or No)
- Email – Phone number
- Food preferences
You can make the deposit from our website by PayPal, please note that PayPal charges a 6% tax that automatically includes this option, once the deposit is made, send us the confirmation by email. To make your deposit by PayPal click on the “Pay Now” button below.
Western Union and Money Gram
You can also use these means to make the deposit. On behalf of our administrator. Take into account that this deposit generates transfer costs, which our clients must assume.
- Name: Maria
- Last name: Catunta choque
- Identity number: 42265390
- Address: Urb. Progress Jr-spine L-15
- City: Cusco
- Country: Peru
Once the deposit is made, you will receive a receipt with the money transfer code, the client must send the receipt with a photograph to our email. firstname.lastname@example.org