PACKING LIST FOR THE INCA TRAIL
PACKING LIST FOR THE INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU OR ANY HIKE
Packing list Make sure to pack only what is strictly necessary for the hike to Machu Picchu itself, and leave your other belongings at the hotel.
- Original Passport (the same name and number passport that you booked).
- Back Pack (capacity of 36 liters).
- Sleeping Bag that resists up to -5° celsius (23° fahrenheit) in case you are not bringing your own, you can rent one from Cusco Andean Hike.
- Clothes for Trekking: Hiking boots, waterproof clothes (short, pants, rain jacket), T- shirt, and light sweaters. also bring clothes and a warm sweater to change into when we rest at the campsite, preferably made of cotton to keep you warm, especially for the first two nights. when you are hiking it is best to use your waterproof gear.
- Hiking Poles. In case you do not own any, you can rent
- Rubber tip
- 3 plastic bags to be able to keep your clothes separatein these 3 categories: clean, wet and dirty
- Toiletries: Ensure you bring enough of everything you will need for the entire trek: soap, a toothbrush, toothpaste, wet wipes, a towel and antibacterial gel.
- Medication: If you are currently taking specific medication, please bring enough with you for the duration of your sta. We recommend you pack some altitude sickness prevention tablets such us aspirine, coramina diamox, sorochipills or acetazolamina, anti-blister gel is also a good idea to avoid getting excessive blisters on your feet from the uphill hiking, since if this gets out of hand it could compromise your participation in the trk.
- For those who are staying over in Aguas Calientes: Remember to bring clean clothes for your stay after the hike ends. In case you would like to visit the relaxing hot springs in Aguas Calientes. do not forget to bring swimwear and a towel.
- Flashligh and Extra Battery
- Sun cream
- Insect Repellent
- Canteen or Camel bak
- Swiss army knife (optional)
you can also bring some small change Peruvian soles to buy beverages or somethin along the hike, but this is optional. If you are going to stay in the town of Aguas Calientes an extra night, we recommend you to bring enough cash with you.