Moonstone Trek to Machu Picchu 5D/4N
TOUR TYPE: CAMPING, HIKING, TREKKING, ADVENTURE, CULTURAL AND HISTORY
TOTAL DISTANCE: 35KM / 22MILES
DIFFILCULTY: CHALLENGING – MODERATE
GOOD FOR: THOSE WHO ENJOY HIKING AND HAVE A MODERATE LEVEL OF FITNESS
CONSIDERATIONS: THE BEST VIEW OF THE SACRED VALLEY OF THE INCAS
HIKING SEASON: BEST TIME TO HIKE DURING THE DRY SEASON APRIL TO OCTUBER
TRAIL CLOSE: RAINY SEASON NOVEMBER TO MARCH
ACLIMATIZATION: PLEASE SPEND AT LEAST REST DAYS IN CUSCO BEFORE START YOUR HIKE
GROUP SIZE: CAN BE 2 OR 8 HIKER
It is a little known but very beautiful route and is a very good alternative to get out of the traditional as the Inca trail, for four days you walk on high Andean trails and highways and the fifth day the most awaited visit to Machupicchu, with a view Spectacular over the mountains, deep valleys, we can also see one of the most important apus of the sacred valley WAKAYWILKE or the snowy veronica, as well as important archaeological sites on the route Killarumilloc, wata and quarry of cachicata with a total of 35 km – 22 miles of hiking and we will start at a height from 3,224msnm / 10,575ft, and ending at 2,840msnm / 9,315ft.
DAY I QUILLARUMIYOC – HUATA – CHILLIPAWA
Cusco Andean Hike will pick you up at your hotel at 6:00 am, then head for Anta which is one of the provinces of Cusco, then stop at the first archaeological center Quillarumiyoc or (moonstone) very important temple dedicated to the moon after Of the visit of this spectacular archaeological center.
We continue to Huarocondo, then for about 25 minutes through the valley to the point where we will start the trek on a trail to the north we will gradually ascend for two hours, we arrive at Huata, a considerable pre-Inca fortress that dominates the peak of a ridge in 3,855 M / 12.645 feet. After the visit we continue the way towards the lunch point where we will have time to rest and to see the spectacular views of the mountains and vegetation high Andean, after the lunch we will go to our camping to a small community called Chillipahua to 3,750m / 12,300ft .
AXPROXIMATE WALKING TIME 6 – 7 HOURS
DAY II CHILLIPAWA – ACCOASA PASS – CHANCACHUCO
We will begin the trek gradually climbing through the fields and trees of Chachacomo, along the way we will find indigenous peoples who still retain their ancient traditions such as agriculture, religion and language, continuing the road we will reach the passage of Accoccasa
At 4625 m.s.n.m / 15 170 ft to later see the impressive peaks and snowy of this fabulous alternate route then continue to descend easily to reach our camp of Chancachuco 4350 m.s.n.m / 14268 Ft in front of the glaciers of the Huananay mountain range.
APPROXIMATE WALKING TIME 7 TO 8 HOURS
DAY III CHANCACHUCO – WAYRAC PUNKU – CACHICATA
We continue our walk descending easily through the upper part of the valley where we can see parts of an Inca aqueduct, now being lost in the time that transports water from the north Chancachuco valley to supply the north-arid orientated slopes of another way above Ollantaytambo.
This aqueduct once transported water through a face of the cliff above the Silque river. Later we will arrive at our final step wayrac punku (wind door) 3940 msnm / 12923 Ft also known as entrance gate to the Andes from there we will have An impressive view of the snowy la veronica or (wakaywilke) 5682 msnm / 18637Ft, this temple is located in the highest part of the mountain, this area was very important in time of the Inca since from that area could be made astronomical observations, 3525 masl / 11562Ft was a quarry inhabited by hundreds of workers and architects of the empire, where they work the rock and then transport them to the city of Ollantaytambo that was still under construction until the arrival of the Spaniards.
Very close to the quarries of Cachica is our camp with a spectacular view of the sacred valley of the Incas and the city of Ollantaytambo
APPROXIMATE WALKING TIME 6 TO 7 HOURS
DAY IV CACHICATA – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
We will begin our walk to Ollantaytambo 2792 m / 9176 ft. We will descend a wide Inca road through the quarry area and Chullpas (old Inca cemeteries) continuing downhill, crossing the Vilcanota river and finally arriving at the famous temple of the sun of Ollantaytambo, we will have time to visit the temple and surroundings of the town of Ollantaytambo before taking the train that will take us to Aguas Calientes 2040 msnm / 6692Ft in the afternoon, once we arrive at Aguas Calientes we will check our hotel where we will spend the night.
APPROXIMATE WALKING TIME 3 TO 4 HOURS
DAY V AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
It will start very early to take the first bus (5:30 am) to go to Machupicchu to do the guided tour without many tourists, to places included in the tour for an hour and a half or two hours. After the tour you will have free time to explore the city and take photos.
If you have some tikect to visit some of the mountains like Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu mountain you will have enough time to do it.
Returned in hot waters UD must be at the train station 30 minutes before to take the train back to Ollantaytambo Where a staff of the Agency will be waiting with the bus to take it back to Cusco and its hotel.
Informative meeting, one day before the adventure. Once there, you will receive all the information pertinent to your walk and the guide will answer all your doubts.
- Pick up your hotel private bus to the starting point of the walk
- Round trip bus. Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu / Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
- Train ticket EXPEDITION Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
- Return ticket by train EXPEDITION Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Return bus from Ollnataytambo station to your hotel in Cusco
- Camps for 4 days and 3 nights
- One night in Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Professional guide of tourism in Spanish and English with many years of experience in adventure tourism
- Professional chef
- Horsemen and Horses to carry the necessary equipment and the personal effects of the passengers of up to 7 kg
- Emergency horse, in case someone does not feel well
- Cusco Andean Hike will provide you with boiled water (previously filtered and cooled) from your first lunch, last breakfast and for your bottles before each hike (you decide how many liters you need each day).
- Drinking enough water and hydrating is very important to be able to feel good in the mountains and thus avoid altitude sickness.
- 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 snacks, 4cenas (breakfast on day 1 and lunch, dinner on the last day are not included)
- You have included 7 kg so you can carry your personal belongings (be careful with the fragile items, since it is the horse who will carry it on his back)
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- High mountain tent for 4 people, but we use it for 2 people (more comfort for you). If you want a personal shop we also have personal
- stores (you must inform us in advance)
- Single mattress
- Bathroom / Bath Chemical
- Moonstone trek 5D / 4N: Breakfast not included first day, lunch and dinner on the last day.
- Sleeping bag
- Inflatable mattress
- Walking sticks
- Ticket HUAYNAPICCHU and MOUNTAIN MACHUPICCHU (if you want any of the tickets you must inform us in advance to be able
- to make the reservation – any of the tickets has an extra cost)
- Extra horse to carry personal items of the clients more than those already included (for 7 kilos to 14 kilos).
- Personal chair horse.
- Tips for staff
- For this item please contact. Cuscoandeanhike@gmail.com
How to book
How to book
For any of our services, you must send your personal information and a deposit of US $ 200 per person, the rest may pay at our office in Cusco two days prior to your trip, to get the student discount you must send your ISIC card original by means of a photo to our mail firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name and surname
- Passport number
- Birthday date
- Student Card (ISIC if you are a student Yes or No)
- Email – Phone number
- Food preferences
You can make the deposit from our website by PayPal, please note that PayPal charges a 6% tax that automatically includes this option, once the deposit is made, send us the confirmation by email. To make your deposit by PayPal click on the “Pay Now” button below.
Western Union and Money Gram
You can also use these means to make the deposit. On behalf of our administrator. Take into account that this deposit generates transfer costs, which our clients must assume.
- Name: Maria
- Last name: Catunta choque
- Identity number: 42265390
- Address: Urb. Progress Jr-spine L-15
- City: Cusco
- Country: Peru
Once the deposit is made, you will receive a receipt with the money transfer code, the client must send the receipt with a photograph to our email. email@example.com