Lares Trek to Machu Picchu 4D/3N
TOUR TYPE: CAMPING, HIKING, TREKKING, ADVENTURE, CULTURAL AND HISTORY
TOTAL DISTANCE: 34KM / 21 MILES
DIFFICULTY: CHALLENGING – MODERATE
GOOD FOR: THOSE WHO ENJOY HIKING WITH FAMILY – CHILDREN AND HAVE A MODERATE LEVEL OF FITNESS
CONSIDERATIONS: WE OFFER EMERGENCY HORSE IN CASE SOMEBODY FEEL SICK
HIKING SEASON: BEST TIME TO HIKE DURING THE DRY SEASON APRIL TO OCTOBER
TRAIL CLOSE: RAINY SEASON NOVEMBER TO MARCH
ACCLIMATIZATION: PLEASE SPEND AT LEAST REST DAYS IN CUSCO BEFORE START YOUR HIKE
GROUP SIZE: CAN BE 2 OR 8 HIKER
Is one of the most beautiful hikes of Cusco, known as the “weavers route”. In this adventure we will experience the living culture of the ancient QUECHUAS. That over the years is preserved, maintaining the traditions and along the way we can appreciate, about 34 km.
where we can enjoy the vegetation, Andean fauna and the most impressive mountains of this fantastic adventure route and having As reward the last day in Machu Picchu
This adventure is recommended for those people with good physical condition and with desire to enjoy, however it should be noted that along the way there are two steps with more than 4000 masl.
therefore the adventurers must be well acclimated to the height. You can acclimatise with previous days in Cusco or some region of Peru with similarities of height.
DAY I CUSCO – HOT SPRINGS LARES – KISWARANI
Cusco Andean Hike will pick you up from your hotel at 5:30 am on our private bus to start our adventure to Lares, the journey to the starting point of the hike will be 3 hours by bus along incredible landscapes, below, You can enjoy the hot springs that are divided into different pools and different temperatures, then continue to the place called Punta carretera or road head at 3300 masl / 10,826.77 ft.
we continue our way around 2 hours gradually until a community called kiswarani is also considered as the valley Of the potato, in this place you can enjoy your first lunch, after our rest we will continue for 2 more hours to our camp Azul Cocha or blue lagoon 3850m. where you will be waiting for our staff with their respective tents.
- Meals: Lunch/Dinner
- Accommodations: Camping
- Maximum altitude: 3850/ 13091 ft
- Minimum altitude: 3300 m/10826 ft
- Distance walk: 10km/6.21371 miles
- Approximate walking time: 5 to 6 hours
- Difficulty: Challenging
DAY II QUISWARANI – PACHACUTEQ PASS – CANCHA CANCHA
We will start early, sunrise under the mountains and have a beautiful view of the kiswarani lake or blue lagoon. We continue after breakfast with ascent gradually about 3 to 4 hours until the passage called Pachacuteq, this part of the ascent can be a little demanding, since at the top you will have a breathtaking view where you will observe the mountain peaks as it is the majestic Pitusiray mountain which is at 5700 m / 18700 ft and the Pachacuteq pass is located at 4680 masl / 15354 ft.
Then we will continue around 4 hours of descent until our camp of Cancha cancha is the only community that does not have the introduction of modern technology. Cancha Cancha is a village 3750 masl / 12303 ft, where the inhabitants still maintain their traditions, their houses are made of stone and their roofs are straw, in this place we will spend the night and depending on the weather we can observe the Andean constellation.
- Meals: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
- Accommodations: Camping
- Maximum altitude: 4680/ 15354 ft
- Minimum altitude: 3750m/12303 ft
- Distance walk: 14 km/ 8 miles
- Approximate walking time: 8 to 9 hours
- Difficulty: Challenging
DAY III CANCHA CANCHA – HURAN – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
We will begin our last stage of trekking, we will descend about 4 hours, along our way we will be able to see llamas and alpacas, and go through several houses or grajas of the locality, where for the local people begins its day very early to devote to its daily activities.
Then we descend to the hottest area of the sacred valley and you will be able to feel diverse changes of microclimates and to see different types of native crops of the zone like the corn, quinoa, kiwicha, peach and diverse fruits.
Finally we finish the hike in the small town of Huaran in the Sacred valley of the Incas 2700m.s.n.m / 8858 feet where we will say goodbye to practically all our staff who accompanied us the whole trip. To then head to Ollantaytambo and wait for our train to Aguas Calientes on arrival we will go to our hotel to check in (where you can enjoy a hot shower and rest).
- Meals: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
- Accommodations: Hotel
- Maximum altitude: 3750/ 12303 ft
- Minimum altitude: 2000 m/6500 ft
- Distance walk: 9 km/6.2 miles
- Approximate walking time: 5 hours
- Difficulty: Easy
DAY IV AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
After breakfast, we will take the first bus to Machu Picchu so that we can arrive early to see the sunrise in this magical place. The guided tour through in the citadel will be around 2 hours.
After the guided tour you will have free time to visit the city for places you did not see or maybe have a ticket to visit huaynapicchu or machu picchu mountain, you will have time to do it.
In the afternoon, we will take the return bus to Aguas Calientes. Once in the city, you can have lunch and later i you will go to the train station to take the train Peru rail-Expedition to Ollantaytambo where you will be waiting for our transfer with our bus to take you back to Cusco – hotel
- Meals: Breakfast
- Maximum altitude: 2440/ 8025 ft
- Minimum altitude: 2050 m/6500 ft
- Approximate walking time: 2 hours tour in machu picchu
Informative meeting, one day before the adventure. Once there, you will receive all the information pertinent to your walk and the guide will answer all your doubts.
- Pick up your hotel private bus to the starting point of the hike
- Round trip bus. Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu / Machu picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Train ticket EXPEDITION Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
- Return ticket by train EXPEDITION Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Return bus from Ollantaytambo station to your hotel in Cusco
- Camps for 3 days and 2 nights
- One night in Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Professional guide of tourism in Spanish and English with many years of experience in adventure tourism
- Professional chef
- Horsemen and Horses to carry the necessary equipment and the personal effects of the passengers of up to 7 kg
- Emergency horse, in case someone does not feel well
- Cusco Andean Hike will provide you with boiled water (previously filtered and cooled) from your first lunch, last breakfast and for your bottles before each hike (you decide how many liters you need each day).
- Drinking enough water and hydrating is very important to be able to feel good in the mountains and thus avoid altitude sickness.
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 snacks, 3 dinners (breakfast on day 1 and lunch, dinner on day 4 are not included)
- You have included 7 kg so you can carry your personal belongings (be careful with the fragile items, since it is the horse who will carry it on his back)
- Hot Springs in Lares (First Day).
- Entrance to Lares trek
- Ticket to Machu Picchu.
- High mountain tent for 4 people, but we use it for 2 people (more comfort for you). If you want a personal shop we also have personal
- Stores (you must inform us in advance)
- Single mattress
- Bathroom / Bath Chemical
- Lares Trek to Machu Picchu 4D/3N: Breakfast not included first day, lunch and dinner of the last day.
- Sleeping bag
- Walking sticks
- Ticket HUAYNA PICCHU and MOUNTAIN MACHU PICCHU (if you want any of the tickets you must inform us in advance to be able to make the reservation – any of the tickets has an extra cost)
- Extra horse to carry personal items of the clients more than those already included (for 7 kilos to 14 kilos) .
- Personal chair horse.
- Tips for staff
- Small Groups 2 to 8 pax
- Transfer included Airport – Hotel
- 24/7 assistance by our Whatsapp ✆+51 944363112
- Extra porter 7Kg
- Sleeping pad included Therm a rest
- Professional tour guide English speaker from the beginning to end
- 100% Quality service
Group service from 2 pax
- US$ 590 per person
Private service from 1 pax
- US$ 699 per person
- Huayna Picchu Mountain – US$ 70.00 per person
- Machu Picchu Mountain – US$ 70.00 per person
- Sleeping Bag – US$ 20 per person
- Walking Poles – US$ 15 a pair of walking poles
Huayna picchu and Machu picchu mountain both must be previously reserved more information: email@example.com
how to book
How to book
For any of our services, you must send your personal information and a deposit of US $ 200 per person, the rest may pay at our office in Cusco two days prior to your trip, to get the student discount you must send your ISIC card original by means of a photo to our mail firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name and surname
- Passport number
- Birthday date
- Student Card (ISIC if you are a student Yes or No)
- Email – Phone number
- Food preferences
You can make the deposit from our website by PayPal, please note that PayPal charges a 6% tax that automatically includes this option, once the deposit is made, send us the confirmation by email. To make your deposit by PayPal click on the “Pay Now” button below.
Western Union and Money Gram
You can also use these means to make the deposit. On behalf of our administrator. Take into account that this deposit generates transfer costs, which our clients must assume.
- Name: Maria
- Last name: Catunta choque
- Identity number: 42265390
- Address: Urb. Progress Jr-spine L-15
- City: Cusco
- Country: Peru
Once the deposit is made, you will receive a receipt with the money transfer code, the client must send the receipt with a photograph to our email. email@example.com
- Original passport
- Original student card
- Day Backpack
- Sleeping bag
- Plastic poncho
- Waterproof jacket
- Personal medical kit
- Insect repellent
- Short pants
- Trekking boots, hiking boots
- Bathing suit
- Warm clothes
- Water bottle
- Wool socks
- Toilet paper
- Sun block cream
- Sun glasses
- Snacks(candies, biscuits, chocolates)
- Hat, gloves, scarf
- Personal towel
- Extra money ( soles) different domination.