Ausangate Trek 6D/5N
TOUR TYPE: CAMPING, HIKING, TREKKING, ADVENTURE
TOTAL DISTANCE: 51KM / 32 MILES
GOOD FOR: THOSE WHO ENJOY HIKING AND HAVE A MODERATE LEVEL OF FITNESS
CONSIDERATIONS: THIS HIKE DOES NOT VISIT MACHU PICCHU
HIKING SEASON: BEST TIME TO HIKE DURING THE DRY SEASON APRIL TO OCTUBER
TRAIL CLOSE: RAINY SEASON NOVEMBER TO MARCH
ACLIMATIZATION: PLEASE SPEND AT LEAST REST DAYS IN CUSCO BEFORE START YOUR HIKE
GROUP SIZE: CAN BE 2 OR 8 HIKER
Ausangate is one of the highest mountains of the Vilcanota mountain range 6385 m.s.n.m. Considers in time of the Incas like an important Apu or sacred mountain, located to the southeast of the city of the cusco.
The Vilcanota mountain range is an impressive chain of mountains that includes the snowy Ausangate and other three snowy mountains with more than 6000 m.s.n.m.
This route is one of the longest and difficult one can walk between 6 or 7 hours a day, it is recommended to be in a good physical condition and to make short walks in the cusco in case you are several days previous so that you can acclimate because We will walk to heights of 5000 meters to more.
It is one of the most beautiful routes, in this place we will be able to find lakes of different colors and the most beautiful mountains, we will also find native animals and of the area like, the vicuña, vizcachas, alpacas and llamas where you will be able to enjoy the beautiful views And never forget.
DAY I CUSCO – TINQUI – UPIS
Cusco Andean Hike will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at 6:30 am by private bus, then head to the town of Tinqui the journey takes about 3 hours, Tinqui is a small village where we will begin our adventure, located at Southeast of the city of Cusco at 4000 meters above sea level
We will follow a wide road going up towards the northwest face of the Ausangate, we will pass around fields and scattered houses also we will find llamas and alpacas
Our camp will be waiting for us in the town of Upis 4435 m.s.n.m
Where we will be surrounded by mountains and in front of the Ausangate, we will also find natural thermal baths, if you wish to enjoy a bath and a spectacular view of the mountains.
APPROXIMATE WALKING TIME 6 TO 7 HOURS
DAY II UPIS – HATUN PUCACOCHA
The second day we will ascend gradually for 3 hours to the first step called Arapa at a height of 4757 m.s.n.m. First we will cross a sandy slope and then we will descend in a valley with deep lakes and beautiful views this day we will camp near the lagoon called Hatun Pucacocha 4595m.s.n.m this lagoon is located in the bottom of one of the snow glaciers Ausangate.
Approximate walking time 6 hours
DAY III HATUN PUCACOCHA – HUCHUY FINAYA O PAMPACANCHA
We leave the Hatun Pucacocha camp and start climbing the snowy Ausangate 4850m.s.n.m and then descend carefully to a beautiful lake called Ausangate cocha formed by a glacier. From the lagoon we will start climbing the highest peak of the walk to the Palomani pass 5165 masl from the top there are beautiful views of different mountains and glaciers of the Vilcanota mountain range, after you take some photographs we will begin to descend through an abrupt valley and A narrow path to our camp near a small remote village called Pampacancha at 4500 masl
Approximate walking time 8 hours
DAY IV HUCHUY FINAYA – QARMENCOCHA
We continue on our way to the river Jampamayu until a small town of stone houses called Jampa 4650m.snm in jampa in valley habre more and you can see a spectacular view of several glaciers and one is the one that stands out in Quechua Quinsapa or mountain of The three peaks with a height of 6100m.snm from jampa we continue climbing a narrow path to our campsite qarmencocha very close to a lagoon of ticllacocha at 4800 masl
Approximate walking time 7 hours
DAY V QARMENCOCHA – PACCHANTA
We will turn around the lagoon of ticllacocha and we will go up for two hours to the last step to 4950m.snm that is surrounded by beautiful glaciers and lagoons of glacial origin, before descending by a beautiful valley towards the town of Pacchanta where our camp will be , In the village you can find natural thermal baths and you can enjoy them with a beautiful view of the mountains.
Approximate hike time 6 hours
DAY VI PACCHANTA – TINQUI – CUSCO
Last day of our adventure around 4 hours of hiking towards the town of Tinqui (the beginning of road) we will pass by great pampas and we will see for the last time the snowy Ausangate, in Tinqui we will be waiting for our bus to later go to the city of cusco . We arrived in Cusco around 4 or 5 in the afternoon.
Informative meeting, one day before the adventure. Once there, you will receive all the information pertinent to your walk and the guide will answer all your doubts.
- Pick up your hotel private bus to the starting point of the walk
- Return bus to Cusco
- Camps for 6 days and 5 nights
- Professional guide of tourism in Spanish and English with many years of experience in adventure tourism
- Professional chef
- Horsemen and Horses to carry the necessary equipment and the personal effects of the passengers of up to 7 kg
- Emergency horse, in case someone does not feel well
- Cusco Andean Hike will provide you with boiled water (previously filtered and cooled) from your first lunch, last breakfast and for your bottles before each hike (you decide how many liters you need each day).
- Drinking enough water and hydrating is very important to be able to feel good in the mountains and thus avoid altitude sickness.
- Breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners (breakfast on day 1 and dinner on the last day are not included)
- You have included 7 kg so you can carry your personal belongings (be careful with the fragile items, since it is the horse who will carry it on his back)
- High mountain tent for 4 people, but we use it for 2 people (more comfort for you). If you want a personal shop we also have personal
- Stores (you must inform us in advance)
- Single mattress
- Bathroom / Bath Chemical
- Ausangate 6D / 5N: Breakfast not included first day, lunch and dinner of the last day.
- Sleeping bag
- Inflatable mattress
- Walking sticks
- Extra horse to carry personal items of the clients more than those already included (for 7 kilos to 14 kilos) *.
- Personal chair horse.
- Tips for staff
- For this item please contact. Cuscoandeanhike@gmail.com
How to book
How to book
For any of our services, you must send your personal information and a deposit of US $ 200 per person, the rest may pay at our office in Cusco two days prior to your trip, to get the student discount you must send your ISIC card original by means of a photo to our mail firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name and surname
- Passport number
- Birthday date
- Student Card (ISIC if you are a student Yes or No)
- Email – Phone number
- Food preferences
You can make the deposit from our website by PayPal, please note that PayPal charges a 6% tax that automatically includes this option, once the deposit is made, send us the confirmation by email. To make your deposit by PayPal click on the “Pay Now” button below.
Western Union and Money Gram
You can also use these means to make the deposit. On behalf of our administrator. Take into account that this deposit generates transfer costs, which our clients must assume.
- Name: Maria
- Last name: Catunta choque
- Identity number: 42265390
- Address: Urb. Progress Jr-spine L-15
- City: Cusco
- Country: Peru
Once the deposit is made, you will receive a receipt with the money transfer code, the client must send the receipt with a photograph to our email. Reservations@cuscoandeanhike.com