Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu 4D/3N
TOUR TYPE: CAMPING, HIKING, TREKKING, ADVENTURE, CULTURAL AND HISTORY
TOTAL DISTANCE: 51KM / 32 MILES
GOOD FOR: THOSE WHO ENJOY HIKING AND HAVE A MODERATE LEVEL OF FITNESS
CONSIDERATIONS: YOU WILL VISIT THE COFFEE CROP
HIKING SEASON: BEST TIME TO HIKE DURING THE DRY SEASON APRIL TO OCTUBER
TRAIL CLOSE: RAINY SEASON NOVEMBER TO MARCH
ACCLIMATIZATION: PLEASE SPEND AT LEAST REST DAYS IN CUSCO BEFORE START YOUR HIKE
GROUP SIZE: CAN BE 2 OR 8 HIKER
Salkantay trek to Machu picchu
Is a good alternative and one of the best known routes in Cusco. Located northwest of the city of Cusco Salkantay is the highest peak of the mountain range 6271 m. / 20569 ft.
its name means (wild mountain) and in time of the Incas was one of the most important apus. It is a path oriented to those who like the challenges and push their limits to the edge and Hikers who like to experience and witness the diverse microclimates and landscapes that the trail has to offer in one trip.
We invite you to discover in enjoy these 4 days of the variety of climates, ranging from the very cold and icy weather to pass through the mountain pass Salkantay 4,650m.s.n.m. To a subtropical climate and to be able to see on the last day of the trip one of the wonders of the new world: Machu Picchu. In Salkantay trek to Machu picchu is guaranteed.
DAY I CUSCO – SORAYPAMPA – HUAYRACMACHAY
Cusco Andean Hike will pick you up very early 5:00 a.m. from your hotel in our private bus, then we will go to Mollepata 3 hours trip and where we have a stop for have a breakfast in that locality or you can buy some things you need for this adventure then we will continue until The community of soraypampa (3900 masl).where we will begin our trek.
We will start ascending gradually until we arrive at our lunch point in soyrococha after lunch we continue climbing gradually for an hour more until the highest point our hike salkantay pass 4630 masl, where you will be able to observe opposite the salkantay mountain, after a small break in the top We have 2 hours more in descent to our camp in Huayracmachay at 3900m.sm
- Accommodations: Camping
- Maximum altitude: 4630m/ 15098 ft
- Minimum altitude: 3900m/12760 ft
- Distance walk: 15 km/ 9.3miles
- Approximate walking time: 6 to 7 hours
- Difficulty: Challenging
DAY II HUAYRACMACHAY – COLPAPAMPA- LUCMABAMBA (COFFEE EXPERIENCE)
We will wake up early to start our second day, you will have enough time to pack your personal stuff and have a good breakfast, after all, we will continue our adventure, it will be the longest day of our trip to lucmabamba (2000m), the whole journey is downhill and With small rises, the first 4 hours until our lunch in Colpapampa (2950 m)is downhill.
Along our way we will be able to observe different native plants of the area and fauna, we will also be able to notice the different microclimates of this area, after our lunch in Colpapampa,we will continue for 4 hours more until our camp in Lucmabamba(2000) along 2nd stage Part,we can see fruit trees like orange, granadillas, bananas and avocados. Also You can see coffee farms which is a pleasant area for such cultivation.and participate in the coffee experience the processes of this plant and you can make your own coffee.
- Accommodations: Camping
- Maximum altitude: 3920m/ 12860 ft
- Minimum altitude: 2000/6500 ft
- Distance walk: 18 km/ 11.18miles
- Approximate walking time: 8 hours
- Difficulty: Easy
DAY III PLAYA – LLACTAPATA – HYDROELECTRIC – AGUAS CALIENTES.
After breakfast we will leave our camp early and walk for 30 minutes until we reach a part of the Inca trail that was built to connect Vilcabamba with Machu Picchu. It will be a gradual ascent for about 3 hours until arriving at the archeological site of llaqtapata (2680m) and from there in front we will have a spectacular view of Machu picchu. Then we will leave the archaeological center to continue our journey for 2 more hours downhill to the hydroelectric train station where we can enjoy our lunch and wait for our train from 4:00 pm to Aguas Calientes the journey to the town is 45 minutes.
Already in Aguas Calientes town, our guide will take you to your hotel where you can take a hot shower and have time to relax, that night we will have the last dinner in an restaurant and will have the program for the last day.
- Accommodations: Hotel
- Maximum altitude: 2680m/ 8798 ft
- Minimum altitude: 2000m/6500 ft
- Distance walk: 10 km/6.3 miles
- Approximate walking time: 5 hours
- Difficulty: Easy
DAY IV AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
After breakfast, we will take the first bus to Machu picchu so that we can arrive early to see the sunrise in this magical place. The guided tour through into the citadel will be around 2 hours.
After the guided tour you will have free time to visit the city for places you did not see or maybe have a ticket to visit huaynapicchu or machu picchu mountain, you will have time to do it. In the afternoon, we will take the return bus to Aguas Calientes.
Once in the city, you can take lunch and later you will go to the train station to take the train Expedition- Peru rail to Ollantaytambo where you will be waiting for our transfer with our bus to take you back to Cusco- hotel
- Meals: Breakfast
- Maximum altitude: 2440m/ 8000ft
- Minimum altitude: 2050m/6500 ft
- Approximate walking time: 2 hours tour in machu picchu
- Difficulty: Easy
Informative meeting, one day before the adventure. Once there, you will receive all the information pertinent to your walk and the guide will answer all your doubts.
- Pick up your hotel private bus to the starting point of the walk
- Round trip bus. Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu / Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
- Train ticket EXPEDITION Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
- Return ticket by train EXPEDITION Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Return bus from Ollantaytambo station to your hotel in Cusco
- Camps for 3 days and 2 nights
- One night in Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Professional guide of tourism in Spanish and English with many years of experience in adventure tourism
- Professional chef
- Horsemen and Horses to carry the necessary equipment and the personal effects of the passengers of up to 7 kg
- Emergency horse, in case someone does not feel well
- Cusco Andean Hike will provide you with boiled water (previously filtered and cooled) from your first lunch, last breakfast and for your bottles before each hike (you decide how many liters you need each day).
- Drinking enough water and hydrating is very important to be able to feel good in the mountains and thus avoid altitude sickness.
- Breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners (breakfast on day 1 and lunch, dinner on the last day are not included)
- You have included 7 kg so you can carry your personal belongings (be careful with the fragile items, since it is the horse who will carry it on his back)
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Ticket to Salkantay trek to Machu picchu
- High mountain tent for 4 people, but we use it for 2 people (more comfort for you). If you want a personal shop we also have personal
- stores (you must inform us in advance)
- Single mattress
- Bathroom / Bath Chemical
- Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu 4D/3N: Breakfast not included first day, lunch and dinner of the last day.
- Sleeping bag
- Walking sticks
- Ticket HUAYNA PICCHU and MOUNTAIN MACHU PICCHU (if you want any of the tickets you must inform us in advance to be able to make the reservation – any of the tickets has an extra cost)
- Extra horse to carry personal items of the clients more than those already included (for 7 kilos to 14 kilos) .
- Personal chair horse.
- Tips for staff
- Hot springs in Cocalmayo (santa teresa) and Aguas Calientes
- Small Groups 2 to 8 pax
- Transfer included Airport – Hotel
- 24/7 assistance by our Whatsapp ✆+51 944363112
- Extra porter 7Kg
- Sleeping pad included Therm a rest
- Professional tour guide English speaker from the beginning to end
- 100% Quality service
Group service from 2 pax
- US$ 620 per person
Private service from 1 pax
- US$ 720 per person
- Huayna Picchu Mountain – US$ 70.00 per person
- Machu Picchu Mountain – US$ 70.00 per person
- Sleeping Bag – US$ 20 per person
- Walking Poles – US$ 15 a pair of walking poles
Huayna picchu and Machu picchu mountain both must be previously reserved more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to book
How to book
For any of our services, you must send your personal information and a deposit of US $ 200 per person, the rest may pay at our office in Cusco two days prior to your trip, to get the student discount you must send your ISIC card original by means of a photo to our mail email@example.com:
- Name and surname
- Passport number
- Birthday date
- Student Card (ISIC if you are a student Yes or No)
- Email – Phone number
- Food preferences
You can make the deposit from our website by PayPal, please note that PayPal charges a 6% tax that automatically includes this option, once the deposit is made, send us the confirmation by email. To make your deposit by PayPal click on the “Pay Now” button below.
Western Union and Money Gram
You can also use these means to make the deposit. On behalf of our administrator. Take into account that this deposit generates transfer costs, which our clients must assume.
- Name: Maria
- Last name: Catunta choque
- Identity number: 42265390
- Address: Urb. Progress Jr-spine L-15
- City: Cusco
- Country: Peru
Once the deposit is made, you will receive a receipt with the money transfer code, the client must send the receipt with a photograph to our email. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Original passport
- Original student card
- Day Back pack
- Sleeping bag
- Flash light
- Plastic poncho
- Water proof jacket
- Personal medical kit
- Insect repellent
- Short pants
- Trekking boots, hiking boots
- Bathing suit
- Warm clothes
- Water bottle
- Wool socks
- Toilet paper
- Sun block cream
- Snacks(candies, biscuits, chocolates)
- Hat, gloves, scarf
- Personal towel
- Extra money ( soles) different domination.